Hey there, viewers! Most people either love eating fermented rice or hate it. But there’s more to this love-hate relationship than the taste. There are so many benefits of fermented rice.
It’s good for your health! In today’s article, we’ll be talking about 11 health benefits of fermented rice.
What makes fermented rice better than regular? Is it more nutritious? Does it give you healthy skin and hair? What about its impact on your mental health and immunity? We’ll be talking about all of that and more…
Benefits Of Fermented Rice
1. You get more nutrition in comparison to regular rice
- If you aren’t acquainted with fermented rice, you might be wondering what’s so special about it.
- Of course, the taste is good. But fermented rice is one step ahead of the regular rice you eat.
- It has more nutrients, even though it’s the same rice eaten in a different way. It’s the overnight fermentation process that adds more nutrients to the rice.
- This means you will be eating a healthier version. It’s been proven the iron in rice goes up by as much as 21 times after fermentation. Surprised?
- When fermented overnight, the iron in rice increases from around 3 milligrams to 74!
- That’s an increase of more than 2000%! What is your favorite way to eat rice? Do you eat it on its own,
- Or pair it with lentils and curries? Which is your favorite rice dish? Share your preferences with the Bestie community in the comments below.
2. You will find relief from several health problems
- Fermented rice is one of the top recommended foods for sick people. In many cultures, when children have an upset stomach, they’re given rice fermented with curds.
- Is there any truth behind the healing powers of fermented foods? The short answer is yes. When you get sick, it can become difficult to eat solid food.
- This is when fermented rice becomes your best source of essential nutrients. You also get water to keep your body hydrated.
- These essential nutrients speed up your recovery. As a result, you feel better much quicker.
- So the next time you want to recover, eat fermented rice. Wait… there’s more to the story.
- Fermented rice is loaded with B vitamins, which provide relief from stomach ulcers. When you ferment the rice, some good bacteria also get in there.
- These are great for your gut. They make room for smoother bowel movements. You’ll no longer be constipated! Besides vitamin B, you also get potassium, magnesium, and selenium from fermented rice.
- These minerals help lower your blood pressure and strengthen your bones. Fermenting any rice would do good, but it’s even better when you choose brown rice.
- This gives you more vitamin B12. The more B12 in your body, the less tired you’ll be.
- Everybody wants beautiful skin and gorgeous hair. But are you eating right? Your diet has a huge impact on your skin, hair, and nails.
- The good thing is fermented rice is awesome for your hair and skin. Research shows that fermenting rice produces a compound called collagen.
- Collagen ensures your skin maintains its elasticity. This is how you get healthy, glowing skin.
- Another advantage of fermented rice is that it acts as a good hair conditioner.
- After you shampoo, rinse with fermented rice water. This will make your hair healthy and strong from the roots.
4. You will experience improved digestive health
- Fermented rice is loaded with probiotics. These boost the population of good bacteria in your gut. This makes digestion easier.
- If you struggle with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), fermented rice is especially good for you.
- It will help reduce the bloating and cramps you feel immediately after eating. Fermented rice also reduces diarrhea. Before we move ahead, here’s another video you might like.
- Your health depends on your diet. Are you eating balanced meals that give you the vitamins your body needs? Watch the ultimate guide on every vitamin your body craves.
5. Your immune system gets stronger
- So far, we’ve learned probiotics are great for your digestion.
- But do they have any other benefits? Do they keep you disease-free? The answer is yes! Probiotics found in fermented rice boost your immune system.
- They also help ensure you have a minimal risk of catching a common cold.
- The reason fermented rice does a pretty good job of boosting your immunity is that it’s loaded with zinc, iron, and vitamin C.
- These minerals are basically immunity-boosting nutrients, which help keep sickness at bay.
6. Foods will be easier to digest
- We just covered fermented rice, probiotics, and their impact on your digestive system. But there’s more to the story than just probiotics.
- Fermented rice makes it easier for your body to digest food by helping break down the nutrients.
- It breaks them down into smaller compounds. Your digestive system won’t need to work as hard.
- This means whatever food you’re eating, you’ll be able to make full use of. Eating regular rice doesn’t offer these benefits.
- It’s a bit more difficult for your body to break nutrients down. Not just that, fermented rice also removes anti-nutrients.
- These compounds make it difficult for your body to absorb important nutrients.
- The process of fermentation removes these anti-nutrients, ensuring you get all the nutrients from your food.
7. Your mental health will improve
- Probiotics found in fermented rice help improve your mental health. They are especially beneficial in easing anxiety and depression.
- Research has shown probiotic strains help alleviate the symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- If you suffer from mental health problems, like anxiety and depression, try and eat probiotic-rich foods like fermented rice.
8. Good for your weight loss goals
- Looking to lose weight? Well a lot of us are. But sadly, not everyone is able to reach their goal weight.
- You could be falling short on exercise and nutrition. Whatever the case, you can try fermented foods for the weight-loss benefits.
- Fermented rice helps you shed extra pounds by producing specific probiotic strains that burn your belly fat.
- Studies have shown these particular strains of probiotics help you lose weight.
- Fermented rice has long been associated with a healthier heart. Probiotics produced after overnight fermenting reduce your blood pressure.
- They also make sure your body is rid of bad cholesterol in your blood. And why is that important? Well, bad cholesterol is responsible for heart attacks.
- Your body has both good and bad cholesterol. So think about your heart the next time you want to skip fermented rice.
10. It will restore your gut health after taking antibiotics
- When you’re sick with an infection, your doctor generally prescribes antibiotics to help you heal faster.
- But one of the side effects of taking antibiotics is they flush out both good and bad bacteria from your gut.
- That’s the reason why you end up with diarrhea and other issues after you take antibiotics. Eating fermented rice can help you evade these side effects.
- You’ll be able to restore the good bacteria in your gut. Another thing to do in this case would be to add fiber to your diet alongside probiotics.
- Your digestive system will be thankful.
Eating probiotic-rich foods like fermented rice is one way to ensure you have a healthy gut and colon.
Do you eat fermented rice on a regular? Are you planning to after watching this article? Let us know in the comments below!