Garlic is a humble plant in the onion family. grown for its cooking properties. Garlic is believed to bring many health benefits also known as the stinking rose.
This bulbous plant called garlic is used to flavor food and used widely in herbal medicine for curing many diseases. This wonder bulb should be ideally eaten raw as it produces a compound called allicin. Which is beneficial for treating many ailments.
Nutrition in Garlic
- Garlic, raw, 1 cloves
|Total lipid (fat) (g)||0.04|
|Carbohydrate, by difference (g)||2.98|
|Sugars, total (g)||0.09|
|Fiber, total dietary (g)||0.19|
|Calcium, Ca (mg)||16.29|
|Iron, Fe (mg)||0.15|
|Magnesium, Mg (mg)||2.25|
|Phosphorus, P (mg)||13.77|
|Potassium, K (mg)||36.09|
|Sodium, Na (mg)||1.53|
|Zinc, Zn (mg)||0.1|
|Copper, Cu (mg)||0.03|
|Manganese, Mn (mg)||0.15|
|Selenium, Se (mcg)||1.28|
|Vitamin A, IU (IU)||0|
|Carotene, beta (mcg)||0|
|Carotene, alpha (mcg)||0|
|Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) (mg)||0|
|Cryptoxanthin, beta (mcg)||0|
|Lutein + zeaxanthin (mcg)||2.34|
|Vitamin C, total ascorbic acid (mg)||2.81|
|Pantothenic acid (mg)||0.05|
|Vitamin B-6 (mg)||0.11|
|Folate, total (mcg)||0.27|
|Vitamin B-12 (mcg)||0|
|Vitamin K (phylloquinone) (mcg)||0.13|
|Folic acid (mcg)||0|
|Folate, DFE (mcg_DFE)||0.27|
|Fatty acids, total saturated (g)||0.01|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated (g)||0|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated (g)||0.02|
Health Benefits of Garlic:
1. Garlic is a natural detoxifier.
- Sulfur present in garlic stimulates the liver to make detoxifying enzymes that filter the bad toxins from the bloodstream.
2. Garlic is a natural antibiotic and antiseptic.
- It is said to help in the production of white blood cells in the body this helps fight off infection and fungal diseases.
3. Garlic is also cholesterol reducer.
- Eating garlic regularly empty stomach has shown to effectively reduce the build-up of new plaque in the arteries.
4. Garlic good high blood pressure reducer
- The Allisonpresent in garlic helps in lowering the systolic reading in normal and raised blood pressure by a few points.
5. Garlic is also cancer fighter
- Research says that the Allison present in garlic and also reduces the size of tumors and can also stop the cancer cells, especially in the colon stomach esophagus from developing.
6. Garlic is a natural remedy for cold
- Raw garlic is found to clear congestion of the nasal passages and it eases breathing problems associated with colds and bronchitis.
7. Garlic is natural diarrhea-controller
- Garlic helps in cleaning the bad bacteria present in the digestive system during diarrhea and thus helps in rebalancing the inside.
Garlic Benefits for Men and Woman:
- In order to have a good intimate relationship, make sure that your partner consumes garlic well. Garlic has long been considered an aphrodisiac.
- Garlic improves blood circulation and improves sexual functions. Just boil garlic helps you make a romantic night.
1.Garlic helps treat an enlarged prostate:
- As men get older, this leads to an enlarged prostate. But a high diet of garlic and onions helps reduce the risk of BPH.
- The study found that men who eat garlic are 28% less likely to develop an enlarged prostate, compared to men who eat garlic in small quantities.
- In addition, onions have a stronger effect than garlic in treating an enlarged prostate.
2.Garlic is considered an anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal:
- One of the properties of garlic is that it contains allicin, which has many positive effects as an anti-toxin and resists free radicals.
- It also helps rid the body of toxins, thus helping to improve liver function. The allicin in garlic has antiviral and antibacterial properties. Studies have shown that individuals who eat garlic are less likely to get sick.
- Note that if you have a cold, it is preferable not to eat large quantities of garlic because it helps in nasal congestion.
3.Athlete’s foot infection:
- The enzymes in garlic help get rid of the fungi that lead to an athlete’s foot. It is preferable to crush about four fresh garlic cloves.
- And add to the warm water in a large bowl that suits the rule of your feet. Soak your feet for 30 minutes.
- You can chop garlic with olive oil, cover it and leave it for three days, and shake for several times per day using a piece of cotton and apply the oil to the affected areas twice a day to completely eliminate athlete’s foot.
4.Helps fight cancer:
- It is found in garlic and selenium and thus helps fight cancer. And especially the prevention of many cancers that affect men, such as prostate, bladder, colon, stomach, lung, and rectal cancers.
5.Strengthening the immune system:
- The compounds present in garlic give the body positive effects on the immune system. And thus it helps to recover from many diseases.
- And there was a study published in 2001 on about 21 people who took garlic supplements or consumed garlic directly, who were less likely to have colds.
- To get the benefits mentioned above, it is preferable that no signs of decay appear on it and store garlic in a cool, dry, and dark place in order to get the full benefits of garlic.
Health Benefits of Garlic For Skin:
Well, if garlic is good for the skin, then here are some health benefits of garlic for your skin. Your skin is that organ covering layer that can talk for your health. Thus maintaining good skin is something that you will definitely want to look after. Here is garlic can do to your skin.
- Garlic is said to have antibacterial and antiseptic properties that can prevent you from loads of diseases. The major component that garlic contains is Allicin that kills bacteria that cause acne.
- It also reduces swelling and inflammation that results in proper blood circulation. Garlic flushes the bad toxins from your skin and keeps your skin healthy.
- So, if you are suffering from acne, then this super herb is said to reduce inflammation that is caused by it.
- Pimples can be a common problem that affects everyone, but if this is left untreated then this will result in skin scars that may affect your self-confidence. You don’t have to fear anymore when you have garlic.
- All you need to do is to cut a clove of garlic and apply it to your skin and this will instantly remove whiteheads and pimples. This is a natural way of fighting pimples.
- If you are suffering from psoriasis then you need to try some garlic and this will do you good. You need to keep in mind that it is garlic oil that plays the trick.
- Its high source of anti-inflammatory properties can treat psoriasis outbreaks on your skin.
- In order to get away with psoriasis, you need to crush some garlic in some lukewarm water and have a bath and this will do you good.
4.Reduces Stretch Marks:
- Garlic is said to be one of the best cures for reducing stretch marks. All you need to do is just grind some garlic and make it into a paste and heat it on a pan and extract the oil that comes out of it.
- Once this is done you need to wait for the oil to cool down and then gently apply it onto the stretch marks. Continue doing this at least twice a day to witness the best results.
Remember to eat garlic raw before breakfast to maximize the health benefits but before you start taking this wonder bug regularly ensure that you’re not allergic to it thank you.